Dream

Dream
Illuminate

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

When One Heart Speaks, All Hearts Fly.

When one heart speaks, all hearts fly.

Thank you so much to the professional women educators of the Washington State Chapter of DKG for inviting me to speak to their group in Olympia this past weekend.  It was such a pleasure to be gathered in the presence of devoted, passionate, strong women whose work in the world is for the sole purpose of bettering the lives of children.

As I told the group, I am so humbled and honored that I am asked to speak about my book and my perspective on the topic of death and loss nine years after my book came out.  While I am humbled and honored, I am not entirely surprised.  Unfortunately, the topic is always relevant and the older we grow the more significant it becomes.  As I have been asked to speak quite regularly over the years since the book's release I have continually adapted and altered what I talk about, using new experiences to illuminate a point, layering lessons learned with new ways of articulating my thoughts on this paramount and universal topic.

In the intervening years between book one and book two it has been necessary that I live my life, that I grow and change and age and wait for spirit to move me once more.  Spirit is telling me it is time for my next book and so I am called to start that journey of a thousand miles with this first step of declaring my intent.  To paraphrase the magnificent light of Maya Angelou, we sing not because we have an answer but because we have a song.  This is my song, this is what stirs my heart and begs for release.  And so it will begin.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your talk went well and excited to hear you will be writing another book! Congratulations Jana. You are most definitely ready!

    ReplyDelete